Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm Okay!

Thanks to all the inquiries; I feel so special that y'all would actually miss me! :) Really, I am NOT exaggerating.

We took a week for a family vacation to the mountains, no cell phone coverage, no TV, no telephone, no internet. It was great to get away - relaxing ... yet not. Anything away from home is not exactly relaxing just b/c it's hard, but I did enjoy not having to think about cleaning the house or doing the laundry. The cabin we stayed in wasn't baby-proof so chasing after littleA was exhausting. With four stories there were lots of stairs of which to be wary!

When we got home I had a week to wrap up my job (I gave my notice a couple of months ago and the end was finally here). It was a bittersweet end since I'd worked there for almost ten years. I'll miss my job and the folks tremendously, but the wave a relief at not having to check email and have enough energy for phone calls and remembering details is huge.

Now I'm just trying to figure out my new routine -- when do I check email & do computer stuff? Without a dedicated time to do that (work time), it's hard to get to. LittleA doesn't let me on the computer when he's around so I'm still figuring out some of these things.

LittleA and I leave next week for 3 weeks in Texas visiting family - I might get in some more computer time and I might get less! Only time will tell.

Meanwhile, thanks so much for all the great comments to my previous posts. If I don't get back on for a while, know that I will miss you all.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Glad you are doing well and had a great vacation and last week of work. Enjoy your Tx trip! Wow! Lots going on!!

Swizz said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and are a SAH momma! Wahoo for you!

Where in Texas will you be? When? Details, girl! I'd love to meet up with you!

Blue-green Damselfly said...

Wow! Lots of change going on. Perhaps you'll start to see a bit more recovery now you've dropped some commitments.

Enjoy!

Sue Jackson said...

Good to hear from you! Your vacation sounds nice.

Don't worry - you'll soon adjust to life without work and the reduction in stress and "have-tos" should help a lot.

Have a wonderful trip to Texas - hope it won't be too exhausting for you. It's tough away from home but take plenty of time to rest!

Have a good trip!

Sue