Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Online Shopping

I just love online shopping.  For me, it's the PWC's energy saver.  I was able to finish all of my Christmas shopping before we left for our Thanksgiving holiday and did 100% of it online.  (I do still need to pick up a few stocking stuffers.)  It feels so good to be done & not to have to stress or worry about it and it was all from the comfort of my own home.

After being gone for over a week, we came home to a refrigerator of rotten food.  I emptied it and placed on online order with Safeway - to be delivered any minute now.  A couple of clicks and we'll be stocked with milk, eggs, bread, etc.  All without leaving the house!  I'd really wanted to spend a couple of days at home getting settled back in, but we really needed some food.  Delivery was the perfect answer to both.  And since they were offering a holiday special I even got free delivery.

If you haven't finished your holiday shopping I encourage you to try doing it online!  In recent years, returns are much easier for the receiver and the selection is dynamite!  You'd have to visit every single store in every single mall to get even a fraction of the choices.  Win, win.

If you have a way of shopping that makes things easier for you, I'd love to hear it!  I still have to get out for some of those stocking stuffers, so do you have any tips for making it easier?

1 comment:

Sue Jackson said...

I love online shopping, too!! I;m no where near as organized and early as you, but I have already ordered a few things, taking advantage of early online sales.

And I do all my online shopping through either iGive or GoodShop, so a portion of every purchase is donated to CFS research,too! That's win, win, win!

Alas, our online grocery shopping doesn't work very well and costs an extra $10. The online site doesn't have all the same options that I know are in the store, so it;s kind of frustrating. Oh, and I think they actually stopped delivery service, though they will still get your order ready and bring it out to your car when you order online.

Sue