-------------------------------------
Grace.
The word that speaks the most to me about the past year is grace. When I think about how far I've come with regards to my illness. When I think about overcoming all the odds set against me to expand my family. When I think about the baby boy growing inside of me, all I can see is God's amazing grace. Grace that He bestowed upon me. Grace that I didn't earn; that I don't deserve, but that He gives to us all anyway. It's through His grace that I'm able to live each day toward my dreams, not completely limited by my circumstances.
I want my word for 2011 to be Contentment. I want to be content with my circumstances. I want to be gracious as I've been shown grace. and I want to be grateful for what I do have, not what I think I want/need. I want to be present in every aspect of my life, enjoying what I've been given. Content with my life & family - just as God gave it to me.

This is from Gwen Bells' #reverb10challenge. To find our more, go to http://www.gwenbell.com/
4 comments:
This is so beautiful! I am off to ask Joel what his one word would be....
PJ, this is a beautiful and thought provoking post. Congratulations on your expanding family and all that God has planned for you in 2011!
I also experienced God's amazing grace during my journey with Lyme (and of course every day before and after that). Sometimes I look back and can't believe it's been almost a year since He healed me.
I hope in 2011 my word can be Love and I can remember that I'm back in school to share God's love with hurting people, not to get perfect scores or be too busy to connect with others.
Renee, you sparked me to ask Mike was his words would be: For 2010, he said "wandering" as we were searching for a new church home, seeking fertility treatments & working on the house. For 2011 he's like the word to be "Finish." We've found a church home & are expecting the baby, plus we have lots of projects lined up to complete before the little guy arrives. Finish seems appropriate :)
Kimberly, I'm sure you'll find God's love permeating from you to those you encounter!
Post a Comment