I've been missing you guys! I'm constantly surprised at how little I get done with 2 little guys in the house. Laundry piles up, dishes sit in the sink, & yes, blog posts don't get written. Today is a rare day when the older one (LittleA) is actually taking a nap, so I'm sitting at the computer, baby on my thigh, writing this post that's been in my head for a while.
A few weeks ago LittleA had his fourth birthday (wow!). As is typical for the bay area in fall/winter, rain was predicted. LittleA didn't want much for his birthday - he wanted balloons & to have a few friends over to jump in the jumpy house. Easy enough. So, we prayed for nice weather. I presented this prayer request to my bible study group and got a prayer something like this, "Dear Lord. We know we can't control the weather & that you have plans bigger than us, but if it's your will please let there be nice weather on Saturday for LittleA's birthday." Well, I personally prayed a different prayer. This illness has taught me that God cares about all the little things. So, I continued to pray for nice weather. And guess what?! We got it! It was a beautiful day. LittleA & his friends jumped to their hearts desires in the jumpy house. And it confirmed to me that God does care about the little things.
There have been many times the past few years that I've questioned my faith, wondered why on earth I had to go through this and I learned that even when we don't understand what goes on in the world, one thing is constant. God's love for us. Even in the little things -- like nice weather for a 4 yr old's birthday party!
I hope & pray that all of you are feeling that love and enjoying the little things.
No comments:
Post a Comment