We were supposed to go to the beach today. We haven't much summer weather at all, but decided to brave the beach with some friends and a few jackets! Yesterday both boys developed a yucky runny nose so we decided to stay home to avoid spreading germs to our friends. Despite the funny nose Monkey feels fine, and was missing having something to do. So we set about to make a car out of a big box!
First I put Roo down for a nap. Then I set up Monkey with something to keep him busy while I used the hot glue gun. We've been eyeing this
salt painting for a while so Monkey was thrilled to sit outside & paint away.
 |
| Monkey busy painting |
 |
| Finished product |
While he was busy salt painting I gathered supplies and hot glued leftover lids & plates to the box for the tires, steering wheel, headlights & gas cap. Then he set about painting the car to make it colorful! Now he has something to play with for hours!
 |
| ready to ride! |
 |
| making it perfect |
 |
| making it 'colorful' |
No comments:
Post a Comment