Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Ideas for little kids



I'm not much for going out these days.  It just takes too much of a toll on my body.  Not to mention that my kids are really small (ages 2 and 6), so we're usually in bed WAY before the midnight bell rings.  So, I've put together some ideas that we can do this year, together, as a family.

1.  Make our own noisemakers & party hats.  I saw this on many websites and as much as Monkey loves art projects, I knew it would be a hit.  While daddy is at work we'll make 4 of each & get ready to party the night away!

2.  Fondue.  It's special and I think the kids will really get a kick out of it.  We'll do a basic cheese fondue with lots of fun things do dip in (including gluten-free bread from my new breadmaker, cubes of ham, & veggies galore).  The kids will love it!

3.  Sparkling Cider.  To let the kids have a taste of celebration we'll toast with sparkling cider.

4.  Vasilopita (New Year's Cake).  It's a Greek tradition to serve Vasilopita at midnight on New Year's Eve. This special cake is baked with a coin or charm hidden inside. Whoever receives the piece of cake with the coin will have good fortune throughout the year.

5.  Celebrate in Another Country.  Of course, my kids (nor me!) will ever make it to midnight, so we'll have our celebration at Brazil time!

***CHEERS!***

Designs for Kids. Happy New Year 2014 n 4 780x780 7# Designs for Kids. Happy New Year 2014. FREE

No comments: