So - if you keep doing too much eventually you're going to crash. All spoonies know this, so I'm not sure why I put it to the test. Really it was just poor planning on my part. End of LittleA's first year of preschool and all that goes with that - teacher gifts, food & volunteering for the year end activities, etc. None of which wouldn't have been a problem if I'd planned just that, but no .... I also planned a much needed girls getaway weekend the weekend before the last day of school! So -- no weekend to prepare + less sleep = one tired mommy! Okay, probably could have handled that, BUT we left for vacation the day after the last day of school, so not only did I lose the weekend to go all the end of school preparations but I also lost the weekend to pack & get ready for vacation. Cram all this, immediately followed by a week-long vacation and all that entails (including toxin exposure b/c I'm out of a controlled environment) and I came back CRASHED. Now you're already thinking I'm crazy to let me tell you what I already had planned for the week after vacation - helping serve snacks at VBS. Now I've officially moved from crashed to CRAZY! I can even one-up this! This weekend the hubby & I have planned a get-away for the two of us. Yes, the week after VBS, which was the week after vacation, which was the week after the last week of school, which was the week after my girls get-away. Now you know I've officially lost my mind!
My extra darling husband. He took care of the boys the weekend after vacation so I could spend 2 solid days in bed (no kidding! even brought me meals). Is letting me veg out all day today, also, before we leave tomorrow for our weekend away.
Meanwhile, the suitcase form my girls weekend is still on the floor in my room, as are all the suitcases from vacation. They'll soon be joined by suitcases from this weekend. I'll get to them when I get to them. Laundry piles up (who cares?). And we literally wrote "Nothing" in big red letters on every Saturday & Sunday in July & August. It just might take me that long to recover...
Lyrics |
Dave Matthews Band lyrics -
Crash Into Me lyrics
1 comment:
Oh boy...sorry to here this, but sounds like a few days of rest are just what you need. Hang in there...Cute pictures of the kids..getting so BIG!
Post a Comment