You won't believe what I did last week. I know I can't.
In fact, in the middle of running errands one day I had to stop & think about how easy it all seemed. Two years ago I wouldn't venture more than a few miles from my house for fear of getting so tired I couldn't get home.
Monday was Memorial Day & we hosted my husband's family at our house. Before bed I had the whole kitchen cleaned from the ordeal.
Tuesday Roo & I ran went to the mall (yes! the mall!) in pursuit of curtains for our bedroom. We spent several hours perusing JC Penney, Bed Bath & Beyond, and even stopped at Old Navy to buy Monkey a swim suit.
Wednesday I took the boys to some free play at a local gymnastics gym. I've wanted to take Monkey for a while, but it seemed to daunting to me. Wednesday it was no problem, even adding Roo to the mix (who loved crawling around on the foam cushions!)
Thursday Roo & I ran a BUNCH of errands. In fact, I didn't think we could get it all done. We had to make returns at Target & Bed Bath & Beyond, needed to get groceries at both Trader Joe's & Whole Foods, and had to buy diapers. Yes readers, all in one day! In fact, all in one morning while Monkey was at preschool. The biggest restraint was not my energy levels, but Roo needing a nap.
Friday you'd think I'd be wiped out & need a day of rest, but we just kept right on rolling. I hosted a foamerator playdate for one of my mom's groups, met up with another group of friends while at the park & stayed to have a picnic with them. We got home about 1:30, just in time for Roo's nap; Monkey and I played in the water in the backyard while Roo was napping. That evening I went to my weekly Pilates class, after which I rushed home to put the boys to bed while my husband headed out the door for bible study.
Saturday we had some friends over for dinner. I spent most of the afternoon cooking, cleaning & preparing for that.
Sunday we went to church as normal and are getting ready to go to our small group meeting this evening.
As I write this I wonder if it's really myself or someone else I'm writing about. Did I really do all that in one week? Am I really not crashed into oblivion because of it? Yet, all indications say that yes, indeed, it is me - PJ.
It's important for me to note that I'm not very compliant with my medications. They make me sick! Literally. One morning I threw them & breakfast back up in the sink. If I can manage to keep them down long enough for them to move down into my intestines then they don't bother me as much, but more often than not I rotate which antibiotics I'm on and skip most of the nutritional support ones. You may recall that I was scheduled to take 52 pills per day on this new protocol. Not happening! But I try to take levoxyl & metformin medications daily and rotate the antibiotics enough to keep the symptoms at bay.
While this new found freedom is quite exciting, I'm not sure this is having the effect I actually want. I'm not sure that not following through with the entire protocol is killing the bugars like I want. I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm just keeping them from proliferating & causing havoc, but not actually making myself better. But seriously, what's a spoonie mom to do?
Today I choose to play with my kids & make that decision later.
2 comments:
wow...amazing you could do so much. I found that going off the remedy gave me more energy for awhile too....hopefully you are keeping the bugs at bay and they are slowly dying. Sure hope so. Lets just pray and command those buggers to all die!
I'm exhausted just reading the list! Good for you to be able to physically do what you should be able to do. Enjoy!
Post a Comment