- Longs (which is now CVS in our area)
- Walgreens
- RiteAid
- Wal-Mart
- Safeway
- McKee Pharmacy Supply (locally owned medical supply)
Now, if even the pharmacy supply place doesn't carry them, what gives? The first drug store called my doctor to question the prescription; she promptly called me and told me she'd never had a problem with patients filling her prescriptions and she prescribes the same syringes all the time so I should try somewhere else ... okay. Now, after five more 'somewhere elses' I give up. I'm calling her back tomorrow and asking where these other patients get their prescriptions filled. Seriously. It shouldn't be this hard.
On a good note, I had no problem getting the syringes for the B12 and B complex so I've been doing those (B12 every day and B complex on Saturday); it's amazing the difference it makes in my energy. I am still drop dead tired by the end of the day, but during the day I don't feel it quite as much. Most notable, however, is my brain function during the day ... far less brain fog. Still some memory issues and mood swings, which will linger 'til we stamp out more of the Lyme, but overall I'm happy so far.
5 comments:
Is there a compounding pharmacy near you? Doubt it would help much, but I had the same problem with needles.
My nurse forgot to put the needle in with my syringe so on my very first infusion ... we were frustrated and yes went to a bunch of pharmacies to find a needle. One pharmacy was kind enough to GIVE us one needle that *might* work.
Yeah it didn't. Well .. it didn't work easily .... it took my husband 45 minutes to draw up the medicine into the syringe with the needle. So I guess it "did" work .. it just took forever. :P
So glad you are finding some relief! I didn't see much from the B12 myself. Any little lift is a blessing, isn't it?
Wow, sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with the abx script.
Great that the B shots are working so well! I'm very interested to hear your experience with them. I have tried oral B vitamin supplements (B-12 and B-complex), but they always gave me diarrhea. Of course, lots of supplements do that to me since CFS. Maybe it's all the other supplements I take or the IBS. Have the shots affected your GI tract at all? Hope it continues to go well for you.
Sue
Great to hear the new treatment regimen is helping you feel better... hope you can find syringes!
Sue~
sorry it took me so long to reply about the B shots. I haven't experienced any intestinal/digestive problems related to them. I used to have some serious IBS, but was diagnosed with gluten intolerance and that took care of any/all problems. The main reason for going with the hots was because supplements in general upset my stomach so my doctor thought this would be easier on the tummy - so far so good! They definitely seem to help my energy levels :)
Post a Comment