Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's a Boy!!!

Okay - so we already knew that :)  I haven't logged on in a while b/c I've had my hands quite full .... Baby N was born April 27th at 6:21 am.  7 lbs 14 oz.  20.5 inches.  We are so blessed.  And busy, busy, busy!

Interestingly, the things I struggle with the most are not health related.  In fact, in that regard I feel really well.  I feel sleep deprived (who doesn't with a newborn). Sometimes the tiredness makes me cranky, but it's definitely not a Lyme-crazed cranky or a CFS fatigue.  So ....  I'm wondering if I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop?  But at the same time, trying to enjoy the 'normality' for a while.

The things that are the hardest are the things I had trouble keeping up with to begin with - just magnified.  So ... laundry will always be a nemesis I think!  As will the dishes.  Keeping the house picked up is quite hard these days, but we are all happy & healthy so those things will just have to wait.

Labor was long & hard.  I went in for my regular 39 week OB appointment and was sent straight to the hospital with toxemia.  They began inducement immediately and it didn't work.  27 hours later they started a pitocin drip (the next level to induce) - this time it worked and contractions started.  15 hours later I was 10 cm dilated & ready to push.  (I'm leaving out the part where they had to stop labor & regulate my blood pressure & the baby's heart beat, then start it back up again.  Which ended up with me on blood pressure and anti-seizure medicine)  Anyway, 3 hours later no progress.  ugh.  I was exhausted, had a horrific headache from the high blood pressure, felt terrible form the anti-seizure meds & was ready to give up.  Concerned that I'd crash hard I was ready to give up.  The doc came in and said I had one more chance before moving to Plan C  (Plan C being a C-section)  Out came the suction.  One time with the suction cup and BabyN came right out and straight to the NICU for a full check-up given my toxemia, gestational diabetes, Lyme and the extra meds I was on.  He was fine of course - absolutely beautiful.

I, on the other had felt terrible.  I had to remain on the anti-seizure meds for 24 hours - which made it impossible to walk or get out of bed without help.  Moved to a special ward for sick moms - not the regular postpartum wing, I had to call the nurse everything  needed to go to the bathroom and otherwise I was stuck in bed, but Baby N was right by my side & hubby was there to help.  (luckily my dad & step-mom were in town to watch LittleA

Two more days in the hospital (for a total of 5) and I was ready to come home!  The seizure meds had worn off, I was feeling better and bored out of my mind.  Now I think that might not be so bad :)  Boredom is replaced with contentment. And awe at my beautiful family.

5 comments:

alyson1derland said...

Congrats! So happy for you! Big Brother's shirt is so cute, by the way.

Renee said...

Wonderful to see the family photo and here the good news that you are okay now and so is the new baby....God bless you all!!! Congrats!

Julieslymediseasefight said...

Congrats!!!

Shelli said...

Congratulations! Proud of you and your hard work. You have a beautiful family. Enjoy!

Heather said...

So happy for you! Little N is a doll. :)