Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pantry Challenge

My hubby and I decided it was time to clean out our pantry (& freezer) so we vowed to eat from the pantry this month.  So, no grocery shopping!  Exceptions:  Milk (LittleA drink a lot of milk) and Produce (we get a delivery from our local CSA every week).  So far it's been kind of fun to see what I can make with what we have.  Although, running out of cheese was a problem when LittleA wanted a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Luckily he settled for fish sticks :)  See - it's working!  What are the things you think you couldn't live without?  Do you have random stuff in your pantry that needs to be used up?

1 comment:

Renee said...

Fall and Spring I get in the cleaning mood..sort and purge! Need to do that with the pantry and freezer too! Just went through the bathroom closet and was amazed at what I found...and had to get rid of. Hope the pantry is not the same way.