Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Brain Fog - Lyme or Hormones?

I'm having quite the brain fog lately and I can't decide if it's the Lyme acting up or just post-pregnancy hormones.

Several times a day I walk in to a room & can't remember for the life of me what I was going to do.  Not the normal, oh I forgot, that everyone does on occasion, but seriously multiple times per day -- & I never remember.  On my better days, I'd remember eventually, but lately it's gone - forever!  I've had many non-Lymies try to tell me it's normal; they do that all the time, but I'm telling you this is not the normal (which I've had most of my life), but more than normal.  Lyme or hormones?

Several times a day I start a sentence, maybe even call my husband in to the room, only to say, "Oh, I forgot."  Yeah, yeah - I hear you saying that everyone does this.  That's not what I'm talking about.  This is quite a bit more frequency than my normal & more severe.  Again, I never remember what I was going to say.  Hubby can prompt me, was it about ... ?  I don't know.  No clue what it was about.  No clue what I was doing that prompted the thought. Lyme or hormones?

Several times a day I misplace things.  My keys, my wallet, my shoes, my brain :)  Good thing my hubby is getting to be a pretty good detective!  I misplaced my keys for 2 days and he found them in the armoire in the living room.  I don't even remember going down there, but I must have b/c the evidence was in the keys, laying on the shelf right in plain sight.  Lyme or hormones?

I think it's time I schedule an appointment with my LLMD to see what she thinks ... meanwhile LittleA is learning to be a good detective for me, too!

2 comments:

Renee said...

So sorry to hear this Pamela. It has to be frustrating and worrysome at the same time. Sounds like a good idea that you are going in to see your LLMD.....hormones or Lyme...with Lyme in our lives it always needs to be checked out! Praying for you today!

Sue Jackson said...

Oh, yeah...this all sounds familiar. I vote for both Lyme and CFS. The worst for me is word-finding - when I know what I want to say but just can't access the word and have to say stupid things to my husband like, "You know, that THING...you know."

I have found generally that antibiotics and antivirals help to clear my mind. I hope your Lyme doc has some answers for you.

You are not alone!!

Sue