- Schedule. I need to get the baby back on a schedule. None of us have quite recovered from our 10-day trip to Texas for Christmas (more on that later). It may take me quite a while so in the meantime we're staying close to home & getting everyone back on track. Namely, with naps, eating times & night times. BabyN is still reeling a little bit from not knowing what time zone we're in so I'm focusing on getting him back on Pacific time with naps at 9:30 and 1:00. Followed by sleeping through the night! We're using the book, The Sleep Lady's Good Night Sleep Tight & hope he'll be sleeping all night by the end of the week. It means a little less sleep for me in the process, but will be good in the long run.
- Restore Order. We're unpacked from our trip, but the house is still chaotic. So while it may seem counter-intuitive to organize the house while trying to recover from a post-Christmas crash, having the house organized aids in my calmness, sanity & recovery. Keeping the work within the necessary pacing for recovery should increase my health.
- Walk. Another slightly counter-intuitive measure, but I'm not talking about power walking here! Just a slow & easy 5 - 10 minute walk (as tolerated). In part of restoring order I finally moved the treadmill out of the baby's room so that it can be used, so I'm planning on hopping on it for a few minutes each day while he's napping.
- Rest & Recuperate. Recover from the holidays.
Monday, January 2, 2012
Weekly Goals
I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions because I truly believe one can make a change at any time, but I do believe in changing when it's appropriate. Since I'm trying to be more intentional in 2012, I thought I'd make a few goals for this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment