Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Daily Schedule -help for a Spoonie Mom

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I DON'T LIKE SCHEDULES.  But, when you have a kid who thrives on routine, sometimes as parents we have to go against our own grain.  Albeit, to me any schedule is more like a guideline.  However, it does help me to have a plan, especially when my energy levels are low.

It started with LittleA's Morning Schedule Board that I created to keep him on task each morning.  This allows him to self-guide through what he needs to do each morning.



But with him going to preschool 5 days a week this year, we needed a more thought-out plan.  So .....
6:30 - BabyN awakes & gets a bottle
7:00 - LittleA awakes & starts his schedule board (he can choose the order he does things)
7:30 - Breakfast for all
8:00 - LittleA finishes his schedule board
***mommy needs to get dressed before daddy leaves or it doesn't happen***
~~~~~~~~~~
***however the day goes, we need to be home at 4:00***
5:00 - start dinner (thank goodness for meal plans!)
5:30 - dinner
6:30 - baths
7:00 - LittleA bedtime
7:30 - BabyN bedtime

As much as I hate schedules, I find that on days when I can hardly think it helps to have something planned out so that we can all retain our sanity ;)

No comments: