Friday, September 7, 2012

Lyme Update

I had my appointment with my LLMD - she confirmed what we already knew - the Lyme is back.  Since it's been creeping back, it's most certainly Lyme since co-infections typically come back right away, but she still thinks I still have Babesia & Bartonella.  But instead of attacking all at once like we have been - which made me drastically sick until I ceased taking all meds - she wants to attack a couple at a time.  First Up -  Babesia & Lyme, then Bartonella & Lyme, and back & forth as needed.

So .... on to Round - ummm too many rounds to count - of Bicillin where the hubby injects my hip muscle (once a week to start) with this super thick antibiotic.  She's taking me off Mepron & adding in Rifampin. Keeping me on azithromycin and ceftin.  Still 4 antibiotics, but hopefully easier on the stomach.

She also said on the horizon is IV antibiotics.  She's sending me for another Lyme test at Igenics and at my next visit we'll re-address, but after 4 years she thinks it's time to go all-out.  I've been resistant to IV for a while now, but I'm suddenly on board.  I hate how the oral antibiotics make me sick and I'm sick of feeling bad.  I'm ready to whip this and if IV antibiotics is what it takes, then I'm finally ready to do that.

2 comments:

Renee said...

So sorry Pamela...so sorry. Pray this time it works adn it is gone for good...dead and gone.

Sue Jackson said...

Oh, wow...so sorry to hear this, Pamela. I finally got rid of my Lyme after 3 years, but I had no co-infections. My son is 2 years into treatment for Lyme, bart and babesia and it's clear he still has a very long way to go.

I have heard from SO many people that IV is the way to go and the only thing that finally worked for them.

I hope this new approach works for you.

Sue