One - my husband lives here. If I were to ever leave; I'd be leaving him too because he's not about to leave this area. And, as far as husbands go, he's pretty great!
Two - California is one of the only states where doctors can treat Lyme without fear of being sanctioned. Moving would literally be detrimental to my health.
Three - food! All kinds of food abound in the city and what I can't grow I can always buy. Yesterday we took the kids to an orchard to pick apples! Nowhere in Texas would we be able to do that. Not to mention Whole Food Market, Trader Joe's, organic fruit & veggies at the farmers' market, any kind of gluten-free food I'm looking for. Fancy restaurants, hole in the wall restaurants, good food, ethnic food: city life definitely has it's advantages in the area of food!
Four - take out. I know, I know. A bit contrary to everything I'm about, but spoonies are walking contradictions! We have to be. Honestly, I never know from one minute to the next how I'm going to feel, so knowing a good meal for my family is a minute away saves me a lot of anxiety.
![]() |
| LittleA picking apples - in about an hour he picked 65 pounds! I think we're set for winter. |

1 comment:
For some reason I thought you guys lived in Texas. We would love all the choices you have and that orchard looks like great fun! We talk about country living even at our age.
Post a Comment