I'm not lazy.
I often think that I am. Sometimes I lay in bed wondering why I don't just will myself to get up. I think about all the things I want to do - have a garden, raise chickens, cook most of our food, instill a strong work ethic into my children, teach my kids that chores (not TV) are daily parts of life. Then I think -- ugh, I'm too lazy to do any of that. And I lay in bed.
Then I get a bicillin shot. My first one of round 4. Started out like usual -- hubby remembered to a T what to do. Ice my butt to get it numb, inject the thick solution slowly, massage it to work in the medicine, apply heat -- walking, bath or anything to help the meds distribute also helps. Did it all last night.
Woke up this morning a different person! I did not limp in pain when I got out of bed. My feet didn't hurt, my hips didn't hurt. I got up and walked to the bedroom like a human. This morning I've been working around the house - straightening, cleaning, doing laundry. I sat down on the bed at one point and was bored - promptly got up to do the dishes. See, I'm not lazy! It takes aha! moments like this for me to realize that I'm not really lazy. That I was actually not feeling well. But when not feeling well is the norm, I forget. It becomes normal and I start to think that I"m just lazy b/c after all everybody else can get out of bed! Then, the REAL reality kicks in. I can do this. I can teach my kids the values I deem important. I just need to kick Lyme first (or at least stay on treatment for it).
So - I win this round. Not laziness. Not Lyme. ME
2 comments:
Hooray - so glad the yuckiness of that shot pays off in making you feel better.
Yay! So glad you are already seeing signs of improvement!
I was just discussing this very topic with my husband a moment ago. I took a 1-week break from Imunovir last week (you are supposed to do that one in a while to keep it effective) and felt just as you described all week - every little thing took so much energy! I could barely get myself out of bed in the morning. I didn't feel horrible - like need to stay in bed horrible - but I felt so lethargic all week and unmotivated. My to-do list languished - I couldn't even find the energy to do simple things like make phone calls.
Then, this morning, I went back on my Imunovir and BAM! I feel like myself again! I got so much done today - all that stuff I postponed last week - plus I took a walk. I felt human again.
It is so hard to describe that no-energy feeling to someone who hasn't experienced it.
So glad you are feeling better!!
Sue
Post a Comment