I learned a lot from my menu planning! One - it really pays to do it. I didn't menu plan last week & the week wasn't nearly as smooth. The week before when I did make a menu plan, we didn't follow it exactly, but it sure took the pressure off ever day when Monkey asked, "Mom, what's for dinner?"
I also learned that I need to plan an easy, portable lunch for Tuesdays since the kids go to their grandparents. I started pinning lunch box ideas & it will make getting out the door on Tuesday morning so much easier & the kids won't be eating whatever I happened to throw in their lunchbox!
I also need to plan the crockpot meals for the days I'm going to out & about -- but this means looking at the mealplan BEFORE dinner time :)
Lastly, I decided to include snacks this week so that we're not stuck in the rut of crackers, cereal & other starchy foods - snack after snack after snack.
Monday
Breakfast - scrambled eggs & gluten free toast
Lunch - Dr Praegers gluten free fish sticks, carrots & peas
Snack - banana pretzel butterfly
Supper - Chicken Enchilada Stack
Tuesday
Breakfast - Veggie Pancakes
Lunch - taquitos, corn & applesauce
Snack - Carrots w/ laughing cow cheese
Supper - Teriyaki Chicken Crockpot
Wednesday
Breakfast - Breakfast Parfaits
Lunch - Ian's gluten free Chicken Nuggets, baked french fries, orange slices
Snack - veggies & hummus
Supper - Mongolian Beef
Thursday
Breakfast - gluten free bagel w/ cream cheese faces
Lunch - Quesadillas & apple slices
Snack - cheese & crackers
Supper - soup using leftovers
Friday
Breakfast - Oatmeal
Lunch - Stir-fry
Snack - edamame
Supper - Lasagna w/ marinara sauce I made this weekend
No comments:
Post a Comment