The local county extension agent is a golden asset for any farm girl. Where else will she get her pressure cooker calibrated or learn why her orange tree isn't blooming despite all the care & research in the world? I go to my family for answers to a lot of questions and frequently my mom will suggest that I contact my county extension agent. Now that's a term I've never heard since moving here 18 years ago. For the longest time I didn't even think we had them out here, but of course we do. And they're still just as valuable!
Are you looking for help with a question about your garden, lawn, finding a farm or anything agricultural? The solution is your local county extension agent from the Cooperative Extension office; and they're free! The Cooperative Extension System is a nationwide, non-credit educational network. Each U.S. state and territory has a state office at its land-grant university and a network of local or regional offices. These offices are staffed by one or more experts who provide useful, practical, and research-based information to agricultural producers, small business owners, youth, consumers, and others in rural areas and communities of all sizes.
To find mine here in California I googled my county and "Santa Clara County Extension Agent" and got a list from our land-grant school (UC Davis) of every county in California.
No comments:
Post a Comment