I haven't written about littleA in quite a while -- been a little too focused on the illness & pregnancy, so I wanted to take a break & write about something that brings me great joy!!!! He's growing so fast, can't believe he three now! Where did the time go? He's talking up a storm, going to preschool a couple of times a week & in general learning faster than I can keep up. He's very headstrong and takes constant discipline & boundaries, but I do believe that God will use his gregarious nature for something fabulous and it's up to me to groom in him the proper social skills. We are working on common 3-yr old tasks -- learning to share, being nice, not yelling, no hitting, etc.
He's extremely verbal & doesn't stay quiet for very long (if he does, you know he's into some sort of trouble). He constantly narrates everything; from the second he awakes to the second he goes to sleep his mouth goes non-stop. After he goes to bed he continues to talk to himself literally until he falls asleep. If we're in the car, he's telling me about all the other cars on the road, "Look mommy, there's a blue pick-up truck. A concrete mixer. It's orange! and a bus! The wheels on the bus go round & round, round & round, round & round ..." you get the idea. Except the other day, we were driving down the freeway & he was unusually quite. I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "I'm looking out the window. I'm looking at the cars." It seemed so grown-up with complete sentences & proper grammar. I wondered where my little boy had gone. And he's just barely three!
But ... as with all kids ... he says some of the darnedest things! His latest (& my current favorite) is to think of the sun like a light switch. At night when the sun goes down he'll say, "It's dark outside. Almost bedtime. The outside is off!" and in the morning when he gets up, he comes in to tell me good morning and says, "Good morning mommy. The sun is up. The outside is on!"
1 comment:
I love it!! The outside is on - that says it perfectly, doesn't it? From his perspective, the outside is "closed" when it's dark. Adorable.
I have to say, though it can be tiring, I do miss those toddler/preschooler stream-of-consciousness monologues! Lots of fun. I'm so glad you're enjoying him.
Sue
Post a Comment