![]() |
| Read All About It! |
I was so excited after my LLMD (Lyme doc) appointment last week that it took me a while to articulate mt feelings enough to write a post. Basically she thinks the Lyme is gone! Woo-Hoo! This would explain why I've been feeling so good and why I didn't crash post delivery. So it's official that I'm in remission. The question is how much?
We're starting to wean me off the Bicillin. I was on 3 times per week, now I'm taking one per week. If that goes well with no return of symptoms between doses and no herx after a dose, then I'll go to once every 2 weeks, then 3 weeks, once per month, etc. If at any point I get a die off, then I'm to stay in a holding pattern at that regularity to kill off any remaining spirochetes.
If symptoms return between doses, then it's likely a co-infection since Lyme creeps slowly & coinfections return quickly. My coinfections (Babesiosis & Mycoplasma) will show a return of symptoms quickly in which case I'll need to say on the Bicillin to keep fighting those off. But, at once per week so far, so good.
After I'm weaned off the Bicillin, then we'll do the same with the Azithromycin (I'm taking one 500mg tablet daily). With the same process as above.
So ... I'm on the lookout for night sweats, muscle aches (especially in my neck) & joint pain [Babesia], as well as breathing or a sore throat [mycoplasma].
Of course, I'm still concerned about CFS, but so far those symptoms seem to have died with the Lyme. So far, no PEM (post-exertional malaise), POTS (postural orthostatic hypotension) and the like.
And for the MCS? Well, that seems to be somewhat better, too, but is the only thing I still notice. However, exposure doesn't render me totally incapacitated as before, I still get a headache, breathing difficulty & tired - but a small dose won't ruin me in. We still keep our house completely chemical free and avoid exposures as much as possible - mainly to avoid the toxic load as well as to prevent relapse. Travelling is still problematic since there is no getting away from it, but going to church or out to dinner when I can go back home to safe environment to recover is completely doable.
The key will be to remember everything I've learned about taking care of my health as I incorporate more activity into my life so that I can prevent a relapse. Easier said than done!

5 comments:
Wonderful news PJ. Wonderful!!! I hope it all continues to go so well. Yahoo!
Thanks Renee~ I keep thinking it's too good to be true :) But am trying to enjoy it & not freak out too much while maintaining a level head.
That is fabulous news, PJ!! So happy for you!
Does Bicillin cross the BBB? My doc mentioned doing Bicillin shots for me. I hear they are incredibly painful, though.
Alyson~ I'm not actually sure if Bicillin crosses the Blood Brain Barrier, but I do know it has helped me A LOT. I haven't found the shots all that painful (kudos to my husband for being a gifted shot giver!). I take them in my hip, which I find less painful than the leg. I ice the area first to get it good & numb (just like piercing your ears), then I heat after. A heating pad or hot bath both work well, then I try to walk to get the blood flowing & distributing the medicine. If I don't heat really well & walk I feel a sore spot the next day, but nothing that's not bearable. If I'm too tired to walk, I make sure I heat extra well.
These shots were NOTHING compared to the B vitamin complex shots I was taking for a while -- those were killer! HATED THEM. But on the scale of shots, they're by far worse than, say, a B12 shot in the abdomen or any of the IVF injections. So .... It's all relative :)
Thanks for that awesome info!! :)
Post a Comment