Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Homecoming

Today is the 3rd anniversary of LittleA's Homecoming!  Three years ago today we brought him home with us.  We don't celebrate it as his official adoption day b/c the process took a while & wasn't finalized for nearly 2 years, but it's a special day in our hearts.  We celebrated by having a small cake for him; he blew out a candle (he loves to do this) and sang the Happy Birthday song, substituting the word 'homecoming' for 'birthday.'

It's hard to believe it's been 3 years since we brought this gorgeous little guy home and our lives were changed FOREVER, for good.  He taught us how to laugh, he taught us how to love & he made us a family.


Happy Homecoming, my little monkey!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Wonderful celebration! I too, remember the dates all 5 of our adopted children came home to live...special days!!

Julieslymediseasefight said...

I didnt know he was adopted! Such a happy day! I have wanted to adopt too!