Monday, August 8, 2011

Signs of Remission

Since my doc said she thinks my Lyme is in remission I've tested this theory a bit to see how far I can take my body.  So far, so good!

  1. Doc cut back Bicillin injections to once per week for a month. So far, no creep up of symptoms between shots & no die off upon receiving shot.  Good sign for both Lyme & co-infections.  This week is my last weekly injection, then I move to every 2 weeks.
  2. I ran out of Azithromycin and couldn't get to the pharmacy for a refill.  I went without for almost a week.  Same as above - no creep up of symptoms and no die off upon resuming.  I'm now back on 500 mg per day.
  3. A few days have passed & when I crawled into bed I realized I hadn't sat down all day.  Wow!  My feet were killing me and I was exhausted b/c my endurance isn't built back up yet, but the fact that I recovered after a good night's sleep (well, as good as you can get with a baby in the house) bodes well for decrease in CFS symptoms.
  4. No post-exertional malaise.  enough said.
  5. My husband told me yesterday that I was consistently in a better mood.  (woo hoo)
  6. I'm enjoying things that I've haven't in a long time.
    1. Cooking - I find myself experimenting with new recipes, perusing websites and just enjoying the thought of cooking again.  I've always been interested in healthy cooking but when my health declined I just didn't have the energy to care any more.  I'm back on my health kick.
    2. Appearance - for so long it was all I could do to get out the door.  Any thought to hair, make-up or even what I was wearing could be enough to keep my home all day.  I stumbled upon a website with hairstyles and 2 days in a row I've tried a new one and still left the house!
    3. Exercise - I'm not into a regular routine yet, but I've been thinking about it (which is a huge step forward!)  For so long I couldn't even bear the thought of exercise b/c I knew it would send me into a crash, but I'm getting ready to start again.  I'll start slow, mind you, and build back up my endurance.
I'm sure there are even more signs that I've not listed, but this is enough to convince me for now.  I'm going to continue to increase my stamina and be observant of my body, but I'm getting less leery of overdoing it.  At the same time I don't want to overdo it and run down my immune system causing a relapse, that's why I think easing into an exercise program and eating healthy are so important.  As always, keep you posted!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Wonderful news, PJ! Super!!!!

Jess said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're feeling better Pamela. And I did notice your cute braid today at the park. Looking good girl!