With those things fixed I've been so focused on the lack of pain in my back & hips that I've kind of ignored (and am, quite frankly, use to) the pain elsewhere in my body. When I got up off her table and limped away she asked me why I was limping. I paused for a moment and replied "b/c it always hurts." She immediately said "that's not normal!" A jolting reminder that I'm not quite to where I need to be. So, I've been trying to pay more attention to the pain instead of the lack of pain - here's what I noticed:
- My feet hurt - almost all the time. I can't go barefooted. I even slip on shoes to walk from the bed to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
- After laying down for a while my ankles, knees & hips get stiff - causing me to limp a little until they loosen up and work out the pain.
- My neck is always sore and has a huge knot of the right side. When I'm released from physical therapy for my back and I'm going to go back to her for my neck and see what she can do for me there.
Not sure what is causing this joint pain so all these are things to take to my LLMD at my next appointment. It's all long-term stuff - nothing is new, which is likely why I don't think about it much anymore, but if I'm truly in remission then it's worth finding the cause of these things. I do wonder, however, if some Lyme arthritis is permanent? Has anyone encountered anything like that? Can the damage that Lyme does to the joints (and even to the nervous system) remain after the Lyme is gone?
2 comments:
I have heard that after the lyme is gone or in remission there is damage left behind. makes sense I guess....sorry about your stiffness and pain...totally understand that!
I'm so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds to me as if Lyme is still active in your body - all that joint pain (knees, hips, neck, etc.) is classic Lyme, and foot pain is often caused by both Lyme and bartonella. My son has terrible pain in the soles of his feet from bartonella.
Do you keep a symptom journal so you can look back to see when the joint pain started up again? How long after you stopped Lyme treatment did the pain kick up again?
I hope you get some relief soon!
Sue
Post a Comment