Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'd say about 40 ...

Based upon the scale below, I'd rate myself at about 40 since I probably could leave the house everyday and just don't as part of my pacing -- sometimes it seems more important to get the laundry done than to leave the house!

I'm hoping that by learning my limits and staying within them -- which includes asking for help! (I'm not very good at that one) -- that I can slowly continue to move UP the scale and increase my capabilities :)

ME/CFS Rating Scale

100
Fully Recovered. Normal activity level with no symptoms.

90 Normal activity level with mild symptoms at times.

80 Near normal activity with some symptoms

70
Able to work full time but with difficulty. Mostly mild symptoms.

60
Able to do about 6 - 7 hours of work a day. Mostly mild to moderate symptoms.

50
Able to do about 4 - 5 hours a day of work or similar activity at home. Daily rests required. Symptoms mostly moderate

40
Able to leave house every day. Moderate symptoms on average. ABle to do about 3 - 4 hours a day of work or activity like housework, shopping or computer usage.

30 Able to leave house several times a week. Moderate to severe symptoms much of the time. Able to do about 2 hours a day of work at home or activity like housework, shopping, computer usage.

20 Able to leave house once or twice a week. Moderate to severe symptoms. Able to concentrate 1 hour or less per day.

10 Mostly bedridden. Severe symptoms.

0 Bedridden constantly. Unable to care for self.

Gratitude of the Day: Knowing that God has a plan -- even when I don't understand it, I appreciate it! I know He'll use even this crazy illness for His good.

Moment of Beauty (MOB): A tender & gentle moment between my husband and son ... seeing it melts my heart and it is truly beautiful.

6 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

Thanks for posting the scale. I hadn't looked at it in a couple of years. I used to rate myself at about 40, and I see that now I'm usually at about 50% - progress!

Sue

Jennifer said...

*wooo hooo* I'm at 90. :D I love my Lyme Doctor. I started at a 40 two years ago though I did "work" full time. It was very difficult. I also slept the entire time I was not at work.

Renee said...

I find myself inbetween..I only get out once every two weeks, although I think I could get out more...but I have more than 1 hour of mental activity that is good...more physical symptoms I think. Anyway I said recently that I was at 35% IN MY HOUSE....mostly in my recliner or on the sofa, able to fix my lunch and supper and go up and down stairs once or twice a day...so I am sticking by that 35% :)

Pamela said...

Sue - so exciting to see you have improved so much! I look forward to that :)

Pamela said...

Jennifer~
90 - WOW ... *wooo hooo* indeed! You're my idol (tee hee)

Pamela said...

Renee~
so you and I need to just plug along ... we'll get there!