Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happiness Challenge, Month Three (Work), Week Nine (Aim Higher)

You Can Choose What You Do, but You Can't Choose What You Like To Do

This is an interesting one for me since my work is being a mom - the most important job I'll ever have.  It's a good thing that I can choose to do it and that I like to do it.  One thing that struck me during my Wednesday Bible Study they were talking about not "waiting to get off" since you spend so much time at work.  I find myself frequently looking at the clock, especially during those witching hours after nap before daddy gets home ... so I find myself looking at the clock wondering when daddy will be home.  I even call him frequently and ask, "When Are You Coming Home?!?!?!?"  I'm waiting to get off!  Waiting to get off of the most important job I'll ever have.  Waiting to get off the job I love the most!  What is wrong with me????  So, in order to aim higher, I'm going to try to enjoy being home a little more & to interact more with other moms -- my 'conference' so to speak.



If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
We seek to control our lives but novelty makes us happy.
Happiness and the joy of undertaking a big project.
I've waited three years to write this post.

3 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

There's nothing wrong with you! You are 100% normal! You just need a little time to yourself, that's all. It's tough to spend every minute of the day with a tiny little person who demands so much of you. Yes, it's amazingly rewarding, too, and your goal to enjoy your time with him more is a a good one. But don't feel bad for needing some ME time, too. I've been there - I left my career to slow down and enjoy my kids more, and the end of the day was always rough, even though I loved the little buggers!

Sue

Renee said...

I so understand what you are saying and wanting to do (improve) but I will say that I agree with Sue....
As a mother of 7, foster mom to 1, grandmother to 11~n No need to go there! There is nothing wrong with you. You love your job of being a mom to your sweet son... You also need time for yourself to nuture yourself so you can be that great mom and wife. AND you are sick. It plays a part in all of it too.

Pamela said...

Thanks Sue & Renee - from those who have been there both on the mom side & the illness side. I appreciate it and you are so right! Moments just hit me sometimes