This is an interesting post from Lyme Bytes on Lyme's relation to low blood sugar. I've had low blood sugar for longer than I can remember. My mom has it, her sisters have it, their mother has it. I thought it was genetic. Then I found out about my PCOS and attributed most of my problems to it. Yesterday I saw Connie's post on Lyme & low blood sugar ... hmmmm. Interesting. So ... I guess there's no way around it :) so I can just keep on managing it. She has some interesting tips on her site; I'll have to add some of them to my routine.
(note: to get to her blog post you need to scroll WAY down; there are lots of plugs for her book before you get to the actual post.) to read more, you'll find her post on Low Blood Sugar in Lyme Disease here
2 comments:
I've always had low blood sugar too - it's long been known that I get very cranky if I go too long without food! My husband laughs at me for carrying food with me everywhere!
Most people with CFS develop low blood sugar too. I'll check out those tips.
Sue
Sue, I know what you mean about carrying food everywhere. My hubby knows the 'look' -- you know the one. The one that says I need food now or I will crash hard.
Post a Comment