Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tolerating Paint

I received a question about tolerating paint after my post yesterday and while I replied in the comment section of yesterday's post, I realize not everyone reads the comments so I wanted to post on it today.  Basically, I don't tolerate regular paint at all, but our process seems to work. We use Benjamin Moore Natura paint, which is no VOC. Even still, I can't do the painting. We open all the windows & set up the portable hepa filter in the room being painted while I leave the house.  We also have a whole-house hepa filter that we'll run constantly for a few days. When the painting is done, the house will stay open and I'll cocoon in the bedroom until everything clears - usually within a day.  So far, I've been able to tolerate this process without any major problems.  We have what seems like a lot of painting ahead, so please pray that our system doesn't break down! 

1 comment:

Renee said...

Thanks PJ for answering my questions.