Friday, February 4, 2011

Beauty Product List

I really didn't mean for my posts on chemical-free to take up 2 weeks of blogging, but I've been pleasantly surprised/overwhelmed at the response & questions, which create more posts.  I'm extremely touched by the friends & family who are willing to make changes to their beauty regimen or house in order to accommodate me (as well as their own health, of course).  It's so heartening!  The last question was about which products I use -- as opposed to re-doing research I totally believe in sharing!

Keep in mind that research for my products went one step beyond fragrance free to include gluten free as well.  To make it into my house, a product must meet 3 criteria:

  1. Rated green by the EWG.  
  2. Fragrance-free.  
  3. Gluten-free.  There are a lot of acceptable products out there that aren't gluten-free, so that precludes them for use on my skin.  

The final criteria for me is availability of the product -- I don't want to order tons of products online and end up not liking them so almost everything I've purchased at CVS or Target.  The company DHC allows for samples so I can try out a product before I purchase and now that I know what I like, I order online to avoid the chemical exposure (especially from stores like Ulta and Sephora)

Unless otherwise noted I get at CVS - some are also available at Target.

LOTION:
I keep a lot of lotion around the house b/c my hands are so dry:
Aveeno Baby Fragrance Free Soothing Relief Moisture Cream (GF is questionable b/c of oats, but doesn't bother me)
Aveeno Active naturals Daily Moisture Lotion (fragrance free) (GF is questionable b/c of oats)
Shikai Borage Dry Skin Therapy Lotion (Whole Foods)
Trader Joe's midsummer night's cream Moisturizing Lotion unscented (TJ's)

Baby:
California Baby Super Sensitive shampoo/body wash
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser  - sometimes also use on my face

Face Cleanser: 
DHC deep cleansing oil (mail order company)
Dermalogica ultracalming cleanser (ulta or sephora)

Body Soap:
Clearly natural unscented pure & natural glycerine soap
DHC white soap (mail order company)

Hand Soap:
Seventh Generation Just Clean hand wash (Target)
Method Go Naked liquid hand soap (Target)

Shampoo & Conditioner:
HUBBY: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat
ME: Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic (from my hair dresser)

Deodorant:
Tom's of Maine unscented deodorant

Face: (girly stuff):
Demalogica pure light moisture spf 30 (ulta or sephora)
Avalon Organics Essential Lift Serum (Whole Foods)
Burts Bees Radiance Serum
Alba green tea eye gel
Kiss My Face Eyewitness Eye Repair Creme (Whole Foods)
DHC extra nighttime moisture (mail order company)

Sunscreen:
Green Screen organic sunscreen spf 20 (mail order)
MelanSol 100% natural sunscreen (mail order)

Make-up:
Bare Escentuals bare minerals - concealer, foundation, mineral veil, eye shadow, blush (Valley Fair, ulta or sephora)
L’Oreal Ideal Balance Quickstick Foundation
Physicians formula Organic Wear Natural Origin Pressed Powder
Physicians Formula Retro glow Ultra Dramatic Mascara
Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner
Physicians formula Eyebrightening liquid eyeliner
L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Eye Pencil
Maybelline Define a Line Eyeliner
Almay Pure Blends Pressed Powder blush
Almay Pure Blends Eyeshadow
Wet N Wild Megaslicks lip gloss Crystal Clear
Wet N Wild Glass Gloss lip gel, Reflection
Wet N Wild MegaColors Lipstick

No comments: