Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I will Survive

That is my new mantra :) I survived our week-long vacation and feel really great about it! The first few days we were at my mom & step-dad's house. She made is especially easy on me, helping with Adam all she could, doing our laundry, etc. They were both at work during the day, so we took it easy and napped when Adam did ... it was good for my perfectly healthy husband to take it easy for a while, too. After all, isn't that what vacations are for?

The next few days we spent with my dad & step-mom ... not quite as relaxing, mainly b/c it was weekend days, but Saturday was very calm (we didn't even leave the house that day!) and even though I didn't get a nap, I was able to save up for Easter, which I knew would be a long day.

Easter itself was spectacular ... we all went to church with my grandmother, then to lunch at her retirement center. Promptly went home to put Adam down for a nap and to pack. We purposely picked a night-time flight so that Adam could sleep - was great for him, but perhaps not so great for me!

Luckily, I took all of Monday to recouperate, then spent Tuesday and today catching up on work, emails, laundry, etc. Mike has been great at prompting me to go to bed early & then getting Adam up in the morning, so I've been sleeping 12+ hours ... all this helps minimize the crash and speed the recovery. I still need to get to the grocery store since we're out of all the staples, but I think that can wait until tomorrow. We will survive without milk for one more day!

2 comments:

Shelli said...

I'm so happy you had a great week! I think I need to print your post as a reminder of how to pace through the holidays. I'm terrible at that! It seems like you planned well and handled it just right, and were rewarded with an enjoyable time as well as a gentle recovery. Kudos!

Sue Jackson said...

So glad you were able to enjoy your trip and have a nice Easter with your family. Those family visits can really wear me out, but your family sounds a little more low-key than mine! It's great that your Mom is so understanding and helped so much.
Sue