Woo-Hoo!
What was that post about liking recognition? Here, when I'm least expecting it, my dear fellow blogger Shelli nominated me for an award - the Sugar Doll Award! So, the thing is that I tell you 10 things about myself and nominate another deserving blogger.
- I met my husband on eHarmony -- yes like you see on the commercials. We were engaged in six months & married six months later. Here we are exactly one year later (3 days before our wedding), re-creating our first date.
- I LOVE flowers -- flowers make me happy! One of the only good things about living in California instead of TX is that fresh-cut flowers are so readily available (ps - things clean & organized also make me very happy)
- I'm technically an only child (in that I'm the only one from my mother & father), BUT I have a half-brother from my mom & step-dad, three step-sisters from my step-dad & one step-sister from my step-mom, which puts me the oldest at one household, the youngest at another and smack dab in the middle of all six.
- I love to travel! Places to which I've been: England, France, Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Italy, Cameroon (Africa), Australia, Mexico, Canada, Belize, Bora Bora, & the Caribbean.
- I've known five of my great grand-parents in my life. Two died when I was in jr high school, two when I was in college and one just a few years ago. Three of my grandparents are still alive & I see them frequently!
- Having grown up on a farm, I can drive all kinds of big equipment & machinery including tractors & combines. I had to laugh recently when someone asked me if I could drive a stick shift car -- piece of cake compared to my summer job in high school!
- Even though I drive a bit of a boring car now (car seat & all), my favorite vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler. I had a soft top that I usually left off. This was when I lived 2 blocks from the beach in Southern California. Such fun memories from those days!
- I've always been an athlete, but my attention span wains. I go through phases of what I like to do (That goes with my personality). I was really into rock climbing for a while, then I got into triathlons & duathlons -- even competed in the PowerMan Duathlon in Birmingham, Alabama. Then I shifted my focus to long distance cycling -- completing a number of Century bike rides (100-miles) and one double century (200 miles), the STP (Seattle to Portland). In between it all I always ran and competed in many 5Ks, 10Ks and half marathons. My favorite half-marathons were the Red Rock Canyon Half in Nevada, the inaugural Disneyland Half at Disneyland in Irvine, CA, and the San Jose Rock & Roll Half - the only one my husband has ever done with me. Here's my good friend, J, my sister-in-law, my hubby (in street clothes) & me completing the Wharf to Wharf 10K five days before my wedding.
- The best thing that ever happened to me was becoming a mom! Everyone tells you how much work it'll be, but no one tells you how much fun it is! I can't wait to have more! I hope we have a big brood -- even though I frequently wonder how I'll find the energy, I know it'll be soooo worth it. I just hope & pray I can get my 39-yr old poly-cystic ovaries working!
- I could not leave out my pets! We have one dog, Maddie, and one cat, Willow. Maddie is an 8-yr old Lab mix and Willow is a 6-yr old Bombay. I'd have a lot more but my husband reigns me in. I am trying to talk him into another dog for Maddie to play with -- a Golden Retriever. Here are pics of both Maddie & Willow.
My nominations for the Sugar Doll Award are:


5 comments:
I'm jealous of all that travel! I would love to visit all the places you have. I too am a So Cal girl, and I think 2 blocks from the beach would have been pure heaven. We were about half an hour away, and it was still close enough for me to ditch school once in a while.
Thanks for sharing! This was fun!
Hi PJ
Great fun to learn more about you! Wow..you were quite the runner.. I was already given the award last week, but I appreciate you giving it to me again :) Can't have too many awards!
Hugs
I love these lists! I am in awe of you for traveling to so many wonderful places! I also love travel, but most of ours is in the US (based on funds available!).
That's cool about your great-grandparents. Family is so important to me. I knew three great-grandfathers, but my great grandmothers all died before I was born. I was fortunate to have all four of my grandparents for a while. My last one (grandpa) just dies two years ago.
All of your athletic activities sound like such fun. I also loved being active, with a focus on outdoor activities. I imagine life with CFS has been very hard on you in that way.
Thanks for sharing and congratulations!
Sue
Renee,
Sorry that my Lyme brain missed your award last week. Please feel free to graciously accept this one and let it slip on by. I guess that's the danger of us brain-fogged CFS'ers & Lymies getting awards :)
PJ--You sound like one strong woman...powerman duoathalons (sp?), triathalons...running farm machinery and traveling the world...
and one balanced woman
with a sweet side too--eharmony (really it works?), kiddos, pups, flowers...
I have enjoyed these lists and getting to know the people in this blogging community who happen to have challenging chronic illnesses.
Thanks for sharing PJ.
Post a Comment