Sunday, February 28, 2010

Everyone Dreams - but not Equally

I've been having weird dreams lately, but I don't remember them.  I remember waking up after them, rolling over & falling back asleep, in repeated sequence from about 4:00 am - 6:00 am.  Then my legs start to twitch ... not muscle twitches; feels more like nerves firing in random sequence.  Usually lasts for about 45 minutes before I'm awakened straight upright by "Mommy!"

I think, too, that my immune system might be off a little (again) -- I thought a sure fire sign that it was better was that I caught a cold in January, but littleA has been fighting something and I show no signs of getting it (except more than usual exhaustion and the above weird sleep patterns) so I'm wondering if my immune system is being over-stimulated again so I'm not catching the cold ... backwards or forwards?  It's so hard to tell!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Nerves twitching....wild dreams from 4-6am.....sounds familiar...I do the same with the wild dreams and Joel has the leg twitches like restless legs. Could this be any kind of Lyme flare up? I don't know about the immune system~ it could be overstimulating from an outside source. I don't sleep well at night if I have been stirred up before bed or watched tv to late. Hope it settles soon.

Pamela said...

Renee,
It's interesting you ask if it's a Lyme flare up; I was wondering the same thing and started the Bicillin shots again, so ... we'll see. I was able to take a really good deep sleeping nap this afternoon so maybe that will help. I find that like a youngster, I don't sleep well if I'm too tired. I should check everything around the house for stimulants -- we are totally fragrance free, but that doesn't mean something else isn't contributing -- the spring flowers even. Thanks for your observations!

Sue Jackson said...

Vivid dreams are a part of CFS - sometimes I sort of like them; it's like watching movies every night! Other times it's a pain - like if I watch a suspenseful movie before bed, then have chase dreams all night! I get my most vivid in the early morning hours, too. And my son says that his legs wake him up every morning - he says it feel like he has to stretch his muscles.

I rarely "catch" a virus, but it does sometimes happen. The rest of the time, just being exposed to one causes a crash - the immune system over-responds, like you said. This whole fall and winter have been bad that way - I can't wait for the worst of virus season to end!!

Hope next week is better for you. Meanwhile, rest and take care of yourself!

Sue

Shelli said...

I'm going to have to write a post about the whole immune system thing. I don't think I have it figured out. I'd like to find out how it affects other people.

Pamela said...

Sue~
thanks, as aways, for your insight. I've been a little crashed & it could be from fighting off the virus I didn't "catch"

Pamela said...

Shelli~
Please do! I don't understand it, really, either ;)