Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Picture Perfect

I've always wanted to get those designer-styled picture galleries.  I recently checked into a system that you could buy that lays out everything for you with a template, but at over $500 I decided to try it myself and it was quite successful!

I started out by making a paper cut out of each frame.  This may seem tedious at first, but trust me -- when you get to the hanging portion it's worth every effort!  Be sure to mark where the hanger is on the back of the frame; it will be important when you go to hang the photos.  I also labeled each piece of paper so I'd know which picture it represented.  Then I started designing how I wanted the photos to look by laying them out on the bed.  Once I had an idea of the layout, I taped the paper pieces on the wall.  This gave me a chance to adjust the layout without nailing a bazillion holes in the wall.

Once I had everything positioned like I wanted them; I hammered the nail directly into the paper on the mark I had made.  Once the nail was in the proper place, I simply tore away the paper and hung the picture on the nail. Gallery perfect!

No comments: