Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why Am I Doing This?

After my 3-part health story, I've had a lot of questions about the fertility journey on which I'm embarking. Most specifically, "why are you doing this?" and "You've been through so much, why put your body through more?" -- those types of questions.  The answer is easy.  If I don't, it wins.


I fight this disease every day.  To not fight would mean to give up, and I refuse to give up.  I know my calling in life; it is to be a wife & mother.  It's what I've always wanted.  I'm not about to let Lyme steal that away from me. I'm not about to let Lyme rob the world of the wonderful creations & additions to its society.  I'm not about to let Lyme call the shots.  I'm not going to let Lyme steal my greatest joy!  If I don't do this, Lyme wins.

Lyme has robbed me of so many things -- career, friends, hobbies, but it cannot take my family.  It cannot take my God-given purpose in life.

In my world, God wins. And if I have to sacrifice a little bit of myself, a little bit of my health for God's plan then I'm okay with that.  If this is what it takes to fulfill my destiny, okay then.  Bring It On.

Game. Set. Match.
Lyme 0 :: PJ 1

No comments: