All in all, things are good. She thinks the joint & muscle pain I've been having is a herx. When I said I thought it was Lyme, but didn't think about a herx b/c mine are usually nausea & flu-like she said, "The one thing about Lyme that predictable is that it's unpredictable". So, the good news is the pain should subside as my herx eases. The bad news is it's likely to occur every month as the Lyme dies off in its natural cycle, but hopefully getting less & less each time just as the nausea did (note, I still get a small amount of nausea with herxes, usually at bedtime which makes it bearable b/c I just go to sleep if it's not too severe).
So ... we know the Lyme is still there, but that we are treating it correctly as indicated by the herx. My CFS symptoms have remained lessened - in part due to the Lyme treatment and in part to being off the birth control pills. When I asked why the CFS symptoms are worse off treatment rather than on, but the Lyme symptoms are worse ON treatment she brought up the unpredictability of Lyme again, pointing out that it affects everything, including CFS/Dysautonomia b/c it's all caused by the Lyme. I think I definitely feel better when OFF the treatment, but that would be short-lived. I feel better off b/c I was on for so long, so the only thing to do is to continue.
So that's all for now ... more on another day.

3 comments:
Lifting you up in prayer as you herx, PJ. Sue and I are both taking nutramedix Burbur andor Parsley Detox and it helps the herxing to lessen....Any questions let me know...It is recommended by a few LLMDs in Connie Strasheims book and is part of Dr. Cowden's protocol.
Thanks Renee, for the detox info. Sue had mentioned it but didn't have the name in front of her at the moment. I'll def check it out!
Wow, gorgeous photo! I've got a new laptop with s shiny new screen and that picture really POPS!
Sorry to hear you're herxing - me, too!
Interesting to me you feel better OFF birth control pills - I do MUCH better on them. besides keeping my hormone levels even, they're good for OI because they make you retain fluids. I never thought I'd be looking for ways to bloat myself!!
Oh, I just read Renee's comment - sorry I forgot to look up those names for you! I'm glad she provided it. I found a good low-cost supplier - I ordered from www.renewalenterprises.com - each bottle was $6 lower than other suppliers, plus free shipping for orders over $50. I'll have to post this info on my blog next week!
Sue
Post a Comment