Finding products that are chemical free, fragrance free and gluten free has proven to be a challenge, but I did it! I've always been a fan of
DHC and love their
Deep Cleansing Oil, turns out it meets all my criteria so it's the one thing I got to keep (yay!). I added from the DHC line their
ExtraNightime Moisture and the
Dual Defense moisturizer SPF 25. I also discovered that not one line is completely safe ... for instance the Burt's Bees Radiance Serum and the Primrose Overnight Cream are okay, but many things in their line are rated Yellow. Likewise for Alba and Kiss My Face. I found a line of The Body Shop products that are green, despite that most of theirs are not, but they all contain Oats so not gluten free, but I did find some keepers among the many no-keepers. I found most of these (except the DHC products) at local stores like CVS & Whole Foods, but all can be ordered online as well. I noted in my research that Ulta & Sephora also carry some products -- if you can stand to be in the store long enough to pick out what you need -- it gives me major confusion to be around so many chemicals, so I'm trying to keep it to simple stores (like CVS) or online ordering.
The full list of my new found facial products are below:
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture
- DHC Dual Defense Moisturizer SPF 25
- DHC Mineral Mask
- Burt's Bees Radiance Serum
- Avalon Organics Essential Lift
- Alba green tea eye gel
- Kiss My Face Eyewitness Eye Repair Cream
- Dermalogica Pure Light SPF 30
next up: We're trying out some shampoos I found to decide which ones we like (I made my husband switch, too, so I don't have to smell it on his pillow) -- when I have a better review I'll report back.
No comments:
Post a Comment