I spent all morning yesterday in the lab (literally 9am - 12:30pm) and all afternoon in bed. I was there for a 3 hr glucose tolerance test to see if I have gestational diabetes. (A friend pointed out that just what I needed was another health condition to manage, but we'll cross that bridge if we get there. At some point, what's one more thing, right?)
Anyway, thank goodness for my mother-in-law. She watched littleA all day. My hubby had originally planned to stay home & watch him, but after a hard day at work on Monday where they upped a deadline by a full month he called his mom to see if she could watch littleA at the last minute & she agreed! Woot Woot!
I knew I'd respond poorly to the test; I've had a few of them done in the past (not pregnant) & wasn't able to drive home, so we planned ahead this time. This lab was great, too! They had a place to lie down (instead of just sitting in the waiting room chairs for 3 1/3 hours) - I even slept for about a hour between blood draws. But still - 4 tubes of blood, no eating since the night before - it left me drained to say the least. I was so thankful to go home, eat some lunch & jump in bed.
Picked up littleA around 5:00 & had a surprise waiting for me! Hubby had taken over 2 loads of laundry for his mom to help with & they were sitting in the laundry basket - clean, folded & ready to go home. Wow! After that, a pretty normal evening until about 7:30, then early to bed. Now, just praying that this test comes back okay.
3 comments:
How nice to have the help. Praying your tests are normal too.
Oh, man, I HATE those fasting glucose tests! I already know I have low blood sugar, so those things are torture. I'm amazed your lab had a place to lie down - that's great!
And how wonderful to get such help from your MIL!
Sue
What a lovely mother-in-law! I'm glad she was there to help. Nothing says love like clean laundry. :)
Good luck with your tests. In the long run, it is all sooooo worth it!
Post a Comment