Did you ever wonder what I was like before I got sick? Did you know I didn't always act so clueless as if there's not a thought going on in my head? Did you know I didn't always walk with a funny gate trying to pretend that my hips & knees don't hurt? Did you know I actually used to have a really, really good memory (especially with numbers)?
Did you know I used to love to cook and bake? Did you know I used to get creative with food, using my sense of smell instead of a recipe to come up with spectacular dishes? Did you know I dreamed of one day going to cooking school?
Did you know I was a total health nut? Did you know I strived to get my vitamins from foods and avoided supplements?
Did you know I was a total health nut? Did you know I strived to get my vitamins from foods and avoided supplements?
Did you know I used to be an athlete? (yes, me, who can't even walk up the stairs without getting winded). I used to run marathons, compete in triathlons, and bike centuries. I used to go hiking and camping and love the outdoors.
Did you know that I hated to spend much time alone? I'd book something every day to ensure I'd get out of the house. Coffee with friends, running with the dog, shopping - anything to interact with people.
Did you know I used to be a fashionista? I'd spend hours wandering around the mall, browsing fashion magazines & keeping up the the trends. Now I can't fit into fashionable clothes, much less have the energy to put them on.
To quote Alyson: "Lyme disease has stripped me of so many things, but that's all they ever were: things. Lyme disease can never strip me of who I truly am ... Though I now act like a ditzy, clumsy, scatterbrained person, that's not me. Look closely, because the true me is peeking out from behind my fragile body."
Look closely & you'll see that I'm still an intelligent, stubborn, passionate girl who loves God & strives to honor Him in her daily life. I hope the person you see is virtuous, caring, loving, serving and faithful. I hope you see me for who I am, and not for who I am not.
(note: I use the term 'Lyme' as an umbrella term to encompass the entire entity of this disease - co-infections, MCS and all, not just B. Burgdorferi)
To quote Alyson: "Lyme disease has stripped me of so many things, but that's all they ever were: things. Lyme disease can never strip me of who I truly am ... Though I now act like a ditzy, clumsy, scatterbrained person, that's not me. Look closely, because the true me is peeking out from behind my fragile body."
Look closely & you'll see that I'm still an intelligent, stubborn, passionate girl who loves God & strives to honor Him in her daily life. I hope the person you see is virtuous, caring, loving, serving and faithful. I hope you see me for who I am, and not for who I am not.
(note: I use the term 'Lyme' as an umbrella term to encompass the entire entity of this disease - co-infections, MCS and all, not just B. Burgdorferi)
3 comments:
This is wonderful, PJ...I plan to do the same. I linked up Alyson's post on The Carousel Ride to my blog today too..It was so very helpful to me. Thank you for making us aware of them...
Thank you for posting, I like to learn more about my blog friends! I cant for the life of me figure out how to link other blogs like you did Alyson's. How do you do that?
Julie, I just copy the web address from my browser, then click the "link" button on the toolbar at the top of where I'm creating my post and enter the address in the link address. I hope you can figure it out!
Post a Comment