Thursday, April 5, 2012

HAWMC Day 5

Today's post is to write about an image.  The suggestion was to go to http://www.flickr.com/explore and write about the first image that came up.  I was immediately drawn to this image.  I actually hit the refresh key a few times but nothing struck my fancy as much as the initial image.  Isn't it just beautiful?

E 10 1239 with the Rheingold by vsoe

The train at the station, the hills in the background.  I have no idea where this image was taken, but I like to fantasize that it's somewhere in Europe.  Somewhere far away ...  Not that here is bad.  I love the United States, but somewhere far off has a romantic sense about it.  I can smell the trees, feel the coolness on my cheeks, taste the fresh air. I can see just a hint of fog on the hills and wonder if it's morning.  Are these people boarding to go to work?  Or perhaps for a long needed family vacation?  Or maybe there aren't any people on the train at all; it could be idle.  Idle like my immune system.  Not letting anything in or out.  Just sitting there, enjoying the view.  Taking in the sights.  Lingering ...

No comments: