Sunday, April 1, 2012

Health Time Capsule - HAWMC Day 1



Today is  the first day of the Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge; I'm delighted to be taking part.  It's all about having fun, being creative, telling my story, trying new things, interacting with you, & discovering more about myself as a writer.  


If I were to make a health time capsule that won't be opened until 2112, I would include a lot of personal, emotional writings; perhaps clips from  my previous blog posts -- especially ones like my Blogger Haze post from January 2011.  I'd also include descriptions of various ailments like my post on chemical free living and the Lyme Facts I posted for Lyme Awareness Month in 2010.  I also think I'd include some excellent posts from my fellow health bloggers (with their permission) - Learning to Live with CFS, and Adventures in Lymeland and others.  Someone can't fully understand the breadth of these diseases without seeing multiple perspectives.  Lastly I'd include pictures!  Pictures of myself at my worst (ugh) & of my kids (to remind me why it's all worthwhile).


Now, when this is opened in 10 years, what will they think?  I hope that they'll think we were so backward in 2012; having discovered some great cure-all ... or at least become a society of more compassion & understanding.  I hope that someone would open it & wonder why we ever cleaned with all those horrible chemicals.  I hope that they'd wonder why the FDA ever allowed BPA and genetically modified foods to be sold.  But, in reality I'm not sure any of these things will change.  I'm not confident in any changes being made to the political Lyme climate.  I'm not assured that they're will be any medical breakthroughs for any of my conditions.  And, I think that there is too much money at stake to ever broker a deal to make our food supply more healthy.


So, in closing -- what would you include in your time capsule?  What do you think the reaction would be of the people who find it (& mine) will be?


--This past Christmas--
2011

2 comments:

Renee said...

What a great question to ponder! I am still thinking but for sure I would put things about my personal healing journey..books, insights, my story, and like you some of the great posts from others. SOund's like you are enjoying the writers health month.

Unknown said...

Great post! I too hope for a cure for not only my disease but all diseases.