Monday, April 12, 2010

Happiness Challenge, Month Four (Money), Week Thirteen (Buy Some Happiness)



Some of the best things in life aren't free

This comes at an interesting time in life since my husband was just laid off and our budget is considerably tighter until he starts working again (he got a pretty good severance, so we're actually ok, it's an imaginable tightness b/c he's not working & we want to make sure things stretch out).  But ... I am going to by myself some happiness this month; I'm going to go to a Mom's Night Out that involves a fancy spa pedicure and a sushi dinner.  Can Not Wait!



If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
Happiness myth #6: money can’t buy happiness.
Eight tips for how money can buy happiness.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

My mom taught me this lesson. I grew up in a family of eight kids with money always being tight. Every now and then, even though we couldn't really afford it, my mom would splurge and buy something simple and fun. It really made us feel like we weren't poor at all!

My money splurges usually consist of buying books to read. I just love a good book!

Sue Jackson said...

Sounds wonderful! That's how I see our vacations - money well spent on spending time together.

Sue