I think I just woke up from a nightmare. Aha, I realize that no, it's not a nightmare. It's how my day actually went today.
The day started out okay, but I was definitely in the midst of a CFS crash. I decided to power through & attend my usual Wed morning bible study. This time with other moms really fills my spirit and I miss it when I don't attend. Not to mention that there is free child care so it's really easier to go than to stay home - IF I can get out the door. So ... we went. Getting out the door was hard (Hubby was gone early today for a job interview), but we made it and were only 15 minutes late.
It was getting home at noon when the nightmare began. LittleA was so tired that he didn't really want to eat; threw all his food on the floor. So I put him down for a nap with strict instruction to STAY IN BED. He could NOT climb on the dressers, could NOT pull down the blinds, could NOT touch the music. He said okay and was really good for thirty minutes. He didn't fall asleep, but he stayed in bed.
Then ... it started. The next 30 minutes was a battle of wills. He climbed on his dresser, pulled his CD out of the CD player, pulled down the blinds in his room, found a sharpee and wrote all over the walls, furniture, sheets & his clothes. This was not all at one moment, mind you. I was constantly going in there, putting him BACK in bed & reminding him to stay in bed b/c it's nap time. After another thirty minutes I decide he can get up.
At this point, we are both tired & frazzled and the battles ensues.
I call my mom to ask if she knows how to get out Sharpee. While I'm talking to her he takes apart a ballpoint pin and gets ink everywhere. I quickly get off the phone and clean up the ink while he climbs on the counter top & starts throwing fruit on the floor to get to the piece he thinks he'd like to eat. As I'm picking up the fruit he turns on the water in the bathroom & starts filling up the sink -- you get the picture! It was one of those days where I just couldn't stay in front of him! I didn't even have time to think of activities to keep him busy.
CRAZY.
I should note that my son is NOT a spoiled brat. He minds very well. He's discipline & we are strict compared to most parents today. This was just "one of those days." He hasn't been napping & anyone gets cranky when they are tired.
Needless to say, this all makes mommy cranky & the house messy - which also makes mommy cranky! The end result is me thinking I woke up & had a nightmare when it's really reality.
3 comments:
I don't know what to say! Yikes!
Lifting you up in prayer and the little guy too....
Oh my gosh! Sounds like a rough one! I have no idea how to get Sharpie out - isn't it supposed to be permanent? Yikes.
Glad we're past those days...
That transition to skipping naps is a tough time all around. Maybe try quiet time with a book or an audio book or even a video?
Good luck!
Sue
This is TERRIBLE but totally made me laugh! We had one of those days yesterday. I think I put Moses on a 15 minute time-out just so I wouldn't bite his head off. Did you get the ink out? Any tips for the rest of us?
Post a Comment