I'm pretty good at tackling the small nagging tasks b/c I don't like them nagging at me! I keep a list in my day planner and focus on gettng them done throughout the week. It's the BIG nagging tasks that I'm not so good at tackling b/c I know they are such an energy outlay. For someone with CFS, energy outlay is always the prime consideration! However, I had just decided that I truly needed to tackle organizing out mudroom before it drives me CRAZY.
Actually, our whole house drives me crazy -- living in a complete unfinished state creates chaos in my brain. We have three rooms that are dumping grounds for any and everything. The first is the downstairs family room, which right now is nothing more than storage for boxes & furniture. The second is the third bedroom, which is a make-shift spare room for when my parents come (right now it only has a box spring, no mattress so hopefully no one comes any time soon!), a make-shift coat closet with a moving clothes rod that I'd like to move into the mudroom, an office and an exercise room.
The third is the mudroom, which houses anything we don't know where to put (& since nothing has a place b/c construction is not finished, most little things end up in the mudroom). Right now it has about 5 empty boxes from Christmas deliveries, boxes of our wedding china that we have never unpacked, the dog food, the cat littler, a drop place for keys that never gets used b/c there are boxes on top of it, an empty coat rack and & table for collecting 'stuff'. So this week, I will try to organize the mudroom a bit; make places for these unusual things and make it into more of an organized catch-all space. This won't help the family room or the spare bedroom, but I think it will help my peace of mind. All keeping within my 'energy envelope' that is :)
1 comment:
I am trying to sort through each and every drawer, cupboard, and closet in this house...but right now I can only make plans in my head...a relapse has me weak as a newborn kitten as my mom would say! Soon, though...soon.
Post a Comment