Rubin says, "When I started my happiness project, I asked myself, “What do I want less of in my life?” Among other things, I decided I wanted less yelling at my children in the morning, less nagging my husband, less feeling guilty about eating fake food. I also asked myself, “What do I want more of in my life?” I decided I wanted more being silly, more time imitating a spiritual master, more hugging and kissing in my family."
Each month she will propose an area of life to tackle in your happiness project, and suggest simple, manageable resolutions to help you boost your happiness. Each week she'll propose a specific, manageable, concrete resolution aimed at that month’s theme. Or you can come up with your own resolution, of course. I'll be modifying a bit, here's the original list and as I go along I'll let you know if I divert in any way.
- January--Energy
- February--Love
- March--Work
- April--Money
- May--Mindfulness
- June--Order
- July--Spirit
- August--Fun
- September--Family
- October--Friends
- November--Attitude
- December--Boot Camp Perfect
3 comments:
What a great idea! My husband was just commenting on her book yesterday. I think I may have to follow along with you. Thanks for pointing it out!
This is great! Thanks for sharing it. I had heard of her happiness project before, but did not have details.
Happy New Year!
I just heard about this book somewhere else this week. It sounds wonderful, and what a great idea to follow the project! I may just join you, if I can find time to click that link...
Sue
Post a Comment