Month One is Energy ... something all CFS'ers needs more of!!! Week One is Sleep. Now I've been thinking how I can apply this to my Lyme/CFS life and here's what I've decided. I already get a good amount of sleep - as much as I need, I think, but I can do a few things to perhaps get a little more energy from that sleep. Like following a bedtime and morning routine. I've previously posted about my morning routine (see Morning Routine, Mid Year Resolutions, and Update on Mid Year Resolutions) so once we're home I'll be sure to follow it
- Get up, drink a glass of water (I put it by the bed at night so that it will be there)
- Go to the toilet, wash my face, brush my teeth
- Head to the kitchen/living room - say good morning to hubby and littleA
- Make coffee
- Sit, enjoy coffee, watch littleA play, visit with hubby and generally hatch.
- Eat breakfast, take meds
- Make Bed
Wishing you all a year of better health in 2010,
PJ
2 comments:
Sounds like a great start!
And I wanted to follow-up on the comments you left about watching movies...we have trouble fitting in a 2-hour movie, too!! On weeknights, the kids are in bed around 8 - 8:30, and my husband and I head to bed by around 9:30 - not much time for movies! That's why we enjoy watching DVDs on Friday and Saturday nights, when we sometimes stay up until 10:30 - whoa!
Lots of times like this week, we watch an hour a night, so it can take us 2 (and sometimes 3!) nights to finish a movie.
Good luck with your sleep and energy goals!
Sue
I just saw the author of The Happiness Project on the Today Show - now I'm even more intrigued. I especially like the idea of tackling just one thing each month - I tend to try to do too much at once.
Will definitely look into this! Thanks for the heads up!
Post a Comment