My post, and your subsequent comments, gave me such clarity & perspective yesterday! What I've realized is that I need to change my approach. I'm an extrovert by nature. Anyone who has only known me since I've gotten sick might not agree, but deep down that's in my core. So, I will almost always choose to add back social activities before non-social activities (even things like doctor's appointments) without even thinking about it. I think that for this crash I need to add back the household stuff first.
I'll keep easing back into life. Not go straight full blast into 'normality' like I discussed in previous posts, but instead of trying to limit myself by using my energy to go to acupuncture, I'll use it to cook dinner, for example. Once I get to where I can maintain my life -- cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc. -- I'll add back in appointments, church, play dates, taking Adam to the park,etc. I think I might have a greater result with this switch since I won't be so bogged down & overwhelmed with the state of the house. There are some appointments I have to keep, of course, and I'll adjust at home duties as needed to accommodate those, but all non-essential, non fertility or Lyme related appointments I'm going to put on hold --no matter how much they help me heal (aka chiropractor, Pilates, massage, acupuncture), b/c they may help me heal, but they also hinder.
If anything, I'll have some peace of mind and you won't be able to smell us coming :)
Thanks everyone!!!!
1 comment:
PJ ~
Yes, this learning-to-pace-yourself thing is an artform!!! An artform you never master! But that is ok. I mean, sometimes when you just can not stand sitting and watching TV another minute, no matter how exhausted you are, you have to unpace yourself and get up and do a little something physical! Then you just hope and pray that because you are simply trying very hard to take care of your emotional and mental self, your body won't punish you for it!
Judy
Post a Comment