Monday, May 17, 2010

Life Goes On Even When We're Ready to Quit

I thought I'd give a brief update on life, my crash, fertility & things in general.  I seem to be in a much better mood since I changed my tactics last week :) I haven't been out of the house much (went to a movie with my hubby on Friday, dinner at his parents that night -- a real meal was fabulous! -- and have been home every since).  I did get 8 loads of laundry done: 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.  Hubby folded & put away 4 of them and the other 4 are on the bed waiting for him :)  It's nice to see the floor of our closet & have some clean clothes to wear!

I did skip church on Sunday to take a nap & work on laundry; knew I wouldn't be able to do both so in keeping with my post I stayed home.  While I missed the fellowship, it felt really great to get some stuff done and I even cooked dinner Sunday night - a first in over a month!  We're planning on eating out tonight at Denny's to celebrate hubby's first day at his new job.  That'll be my outing for today as I'm saving up for tomorrow.


Tomorrow is a BIG day!


The day starts out with a visit to the fertility clinic to check my estrogen levels and go over the general protocol.  Should take about an hour, then we'll head straight to the courthouse for our long-awaited court date that makes littleA an official part of our famly!  We walk away a family forever.  Tomorrow is our FOREVER FAMILY DAY! After the judge makes it official, littleA's last name & birth certificate will change to reflect us as his parents.  So exciting!  I don't care how much I crash, it's totally worth it!  Hubby's family is coming - his sister is taking the day off work, his parents will be there all to help us celebrate, then we'll go out to lunch somewhere special.

So far, the lupron injections haven't been bothering me that much; it's a tiny needle that goes just under the skin/fat in the stomach.  On Thursday we start the FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) injections -- those might cause me to be a little crazy :)  although I don't really want to say or predict that!  We're hoping for the best.  And, so far ... smooth ride.

Here's a pic of littleA playing in the water.  While it's cold today (high of 60), it was 77 this weekend and we busted out some water toys for the first water play of the season.

No comments: