I did it!
I got out of the house two days in a row!
Sunday, I went to church in the morning. Stayed home the rest of the day.
Monday, we ran some morning errands as a family. Then after resting I ran a couple of more in the evening.
Aside from a restless sleep last night, I think I faired okay. Maybe this means I'm finally starting to recover from my crash. Still experiencing some mild sore throat pain, but nothing a Tylenol and Ricola can't take care of. In addition, a slightly scraggy voice comes out of my mouth when I talk (nothing that no one but myself or my husband would notice) ... both get worse when I get tired & are better after I rest.
So, I think I'm ready to join the world again - just know that I need to be careful & not rejoin too quickly or I'll relapse. I'm hungry for some social interaction. I missed so much! I missed the mani-pedis & sushi dinner I was looking forward to (the happiness I was going to buy myself this month). I missed a girls' night to see Alice in Wonderland. I missed another girls' night with my fabulous Mom N Tots bible study ladies (missing that one probably hurt the most). But most of all, I missed the regularity of life -- believe it or not, the doctor's appointments, Pilates, grocery shopping etc. The things at which I can 'pretend' that I'm normal.
I'm weaning myself off of being house-bound & gradually adding some activity back to my life - being careful to not overdo it.

2 comments:
Hi PJ!
First off, I wanted to thank you for subscribing to my blog. Im sure you know how amazing it feels to know that someone is reading your words and knows of your story and daily trials and tribulations. So thank you for your interest in my journey!
Secondly, I want to congratulate you for taking your first couple of steps back into the world! I know this is HUGE! I'm celebrating for you right now :) I know that it takes so much courage to do that, and it took SO much work, dedication, effort, and pain to get there! You should be so proud of yourself and what you've weathered. Keep fighting!
Candice
Candice,
thanks for your support & celebration! I look forward to reading more about your journey, too.
Post a Comment